DIY Dog Tug Toy
I recently enrolled in a scent class for my dog Ollie and I have been busy making these fleece toys for use in the class.
I love how inexpensive, quick and fun they are to make. Here’s how to make your own tug toys!
Are you looking to improve your pet photographs? Check out my new post on the top 12 presets for pet photography:
(This content may contain affiliate links where I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.)
Below you will find instructions for making two different types of DIY Dog Tug Toy. I also made this graphic for you to share on Instagram to inspire others!
DIY Dog Tug Toy
Gather the materials for your DIY Dog Tug Toy. I used anti-pill fleece in black and orange. You can get this from fabric stores or online.
Another option is to recycle old clothes such as pajama bottoms. The first one I made was from an old dress! Stretchy fabric is best!
Cut your fabric!
For a toy with knots at both ends you will need 4 long pieces of fabric.
For toys like mine, you will need 2 long pieces of fabric.
I used fabric that was about 56 inches long and 2.5 inches wide. You can see that mine aren’t cut to perfection so don’t worry too much about this!
For toys with knots in both ends, tie all the pieces together in a knot at one end.
For the toys like mine, find the center of each piece of fabric and lay them over each other in a cross shape.
Tie square knots throughout the length of the fabric.
- Bring the bottom vertical fabric piece up and over the left horizontal piece.
- Bring the top vertical piece down over the right horizontal piece.
- Fold the right horizontal piece OVER the piece you moved in step 2 and UNDER the piece you moved in step 1.
- Fold the left horizontal piece OVER the piece you moved in step 1 and UNDER the piece you moved in step 2.
- Pull all the ends tight. You have just made your first square knot!
- Continue these knots throughout the length of the fabric.
Finish your toy by tying a knot in the other end!
Experiment with color and length and please tag me! I would love to see your creations!
Looking to improve your pet photos? Check out my post on photography presets made specifically for our furry friends!
Looking for more dog toys? Check these out!
Durable Dog Toy
Dog Toy Storage Basket
If you enjoyed this post please share!